Monday, September 23, 2013

The Kings of Summer

The Kings of Summer is a comedy-drama film directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts. It was about the friendship of three teenage kids.

PLOT/SUMMARY



Joe, a teenage kid had a problem with his father for controlling his life. He felt like he was suppressed by him. Joe found a solution to end this by running away from his father. He convinced his best friend Patrick, who also had some family problems. Patrick's parents were somewhat weird and they too, dictated Patrick on what to do what not and because of this, he agreed with Joe to run away and live in the woods. All along they met Biaggio, a strange kid. The three lived in the woods that Joe discovered. They built a small house and all that stuff needed for survival. Joe, Patrick and Biaggio became even closer together.

The conflict started when Joe invited Kelly, his ultimate crush to come over their house. From then, Kelly started to like Patrick and Joe got jealous and mad. Because of his anger, he blamed Kelly for ruining everything and he called her a bitch. Patrick on the other hand confronted him and they both yelled at each other. Because of Joe's anger, he stepped Patrick on his foot and told him to leave their house. Patrick got furious and wrecked the wall then walked out. Joe was left alone with Biaggio but later he then told Biaggio to leave him alone too. Patrick and Biaggio went home. Joe was alone in living the woods but then he still managed to live by himself.

Months had passed. After some days when Patrick went home, Joe still hasn't shown up yet. He still was reported missing. Because of this, Kelly reported where he live. Kelly went into the woods with Joe's father and Biaggio but they found an odd situation. They saw Joe cornered by a snake. They all got shocked but Joe kept calm. Kelly was about to be bitten by the snake but Joe saved him then Biaggio came to rescue but ended up bitten by the snake. He fall down and passed out. Kelly, Joe, and his father rushed him to the hospital. Biaggio soon recovered.

After Biaggio recovered, they all went home. Joe and his father where at peace. On their way home as Joe and Patrick saw each other through the cars, they gave a finger at each other jokingly. Then it was understood that they too had peace. The film ended up showing the house Joe, Patrick, and Biaggio built in the woods.

REACTION

I really love this. I love watching films about friendship and this one made a great impact on me. It was very touching, funny and sad at the same time  for me. All the things Joe, Patrick, and Biaggio have done were fun as long as they were together. It seems like they rule their own lives and that nothing and no one could stop them from doing what they want to do. I can see them living young, wild, and free.

As a teenager I feel like being young only happens for a short period of time. You can feel young but not totally young as in you have all the strength and time in the world. This made me feel and realize that I must live life while I still can. I can do crazy things if I want and nobody could stop me because this is my life but not to the extent that I'll hurt somebody or disobey the rules. The Kings if Summer has the sense of youth and I can relate to it very well. Sometimes I feel like I want to escape from real life and just walk away but then I have to face it and be brave to face the problems.

This happened in summer time. I can really feel the vibrant summer look in the movie. I felt the same way every summer where everything's bright and lively. The characters have given their roles justification. I love Biaggio. He was so funny and it was so natural for him to act so strange, weird and bizarre. Patrick's role was nice too. He was a kind and  good friend. Lastly, Joe, he was my favorite. His character was very spirited and he does whatever he thinks.

If you want to watch a feel good, funny, and a youthful movie, I recommend you to watch The Kings of Summer because you'll really enjoy this one. That's all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger